Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Anti Valentine

Ok, since I seem to keep getting harassed royally about it, I need to vent. Eric didnt get me squat for Valentine's Day. Yes, you read that right. However, I DONT CARE! We dont celebrate Valentine's Day. Why? Because no one is going to tell us when we should show our love. If he buys me flowers, I want it to be because he WANTS to, not because some stupid holiday dictates that he needs to. There is no sincerity in Valentine's Day. It's just a holiday for businesses to jack the prices of everything and feel justified. Sorry, if this offends those of you that do celebrate. I just refuse to have a 'holiday' tell me when I should show love to my husband.

5 comments :

Miss Hope February 17, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

I hear ya, sister! We don't do cards or any of that commercial stuff. Although I did score some chocolates...but that's because I adore chocolate and it was by the register at W*almart when the hubby was checking out! LOL I even got it on Friday!

sb.marianna February 21, 2010 at 4:52 AM  

welcome in the club!

Valentine's Day is the worst holiday ever! If you love someone, you should celebrate that every single day, not on the 14th of February!

Roni March 2, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

Yeah we dont either. Wasnt a conscious thing - I guess we always looked at it as a kid thing-class party & all. Every now & then we will buy each other cards tho-but no pressure-I hate that!

JD March 3, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

I 2nd that V-Day motion LOL :)

obberchest.blogspot.com

The Wonderful Life Of Andy March 23, 2010 at 11:22 PM  

Hi, I am new to blogging and I am just surfing other peoples blogs. I agree Valentines day is not a time to be forced to buy gifts or show love.

Way to go!