Tuesday, October 4, 2011

2 on Tuesday: Toys

2 on Tuesday
 

Yes, I fully admit I skipped last weeks 2 on Tuesday post. Sorry Andrea, we're just not big TV watchers. Well, unless you count Sprout, Nick Jr, and HLN. Yeah, we're more movie watchers.

So, moving on into this week, Andrea asked:

What were your two favorite childhood toys?

Now, let me warn you: I'm sharing three. Why? Because I can and Andrea doesn't mind if we bend the rules. That's why this girl is awesome. So, here we go!

My two favorite toys growing up were my:

 Rainbow Brite doll WITH Twink. I went through a totally hardcore stage where I was obsessed with Rainbow Brite. I know I had these dolls, other Color Kids dolls, the bedding, a kite and who knows what else. I carried this doll everywhere with me.

The other favorite thing was:
Yes, Pound Puppies (and Kitties). I had all breeds, all kinds. The ones that had puppies. The ones that didn't. The kitties. The puppies. You name it. I had it. These things were AWESOME!



I mean, come on. What kid mid-1980s wouldn't have foamed at the mouth after that commercial?



Now, because I said I was doing three, I'm going to branch off from toys. Seriously, I actually spent more time with my nose buried in books than I did playing. I was obsessed with the Nancy Drew series. Hardy Boys had NOTHING on Miss Drew. I'd read the book, then reread it. See if I missed anything. Nancy Drew truly started my love for the mystery novel.

6 comments :

hollybeary creations October 4, 2011 at 8:33 AM  

Rainbow Brite.. I totally forgot about her That was another fave! And those pound puppies were always adorable. Great Favorites!

Katie October 4, 2011 at 9:17 AM  

I forgot all about Rainbow Brite! I had her and several sprites. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Cheerful Homemaker October 4, 2011 at 12:13 PM  

Happy 2 on Tuesday!

I loved Pound Puppies! I had tons. I think that the toys of the 80s were, hands down, the best toys ever.

Sheena October 4, 2011 at 12:51 PM  

Rainbow Brite and Pound Puppies! AAHHHH! I forgot how much I loved them...maybe I should change my answers!

Tsoniki October 4, 2011 at 5:46 PM  

Ahh I totally forgot about Rainbow Brite and Pound Puppies! I loved them too!

AndreaLeigh October 7, 2011 at 10:38 PM  

i didn't care for nancy drew. she seemed like a suck up to me. however, I loved me some rainbow brite!