Friday, September 28, 2012

We MUST find a cure!

RIP Dawson.

Tonight, Dawson's brave, but short, journey with brain cancer  (due to neurofibromatosis) has ended. He was 13 years old, and passed peacefully at home surrounded by his family. He took his last breaths in his mother's arms. His mother posted this status:

At 7:37pm Heaven gained the most beautiful, strong, brave, and inspirational angel I know. He was surrounded by his family and in my arms when he took his last breath. Fly high baby boy, fly high. Mommy loves you and always will. You will forever be apart of me. I will see you soon. I bet there is one hell of a celebration going on in heaven right now as you are saying all of his hellos.

This is why finding a cure for neurofibromatosis is so important. So other mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, etc don't have to feel the pain and loss that Dawson's mother is feeling tonight. 

0 comments :