Thursday, December 4, 2008

uggh part 2

Around 6pm last night, Alvin started screaming bloody murder. I went into his room where he was taking a nap, and found him with his legs drawn up to his belly, his face beet red, and he just shrieking. I checked his diaper, and it was full of blood. So, I rushed him to the ER in New London. They took an X-ray and an Ultrasound, but found nothing definate. They transfered us to Yale Children's Hosptial, where they did another Ultrasound. They think that a tiny part of his small intestine might have slipped into his large intestine, but due to all the impacted fecal material, they cant be sure. So, Alvin was given an enema to remove the fecal material. He is home right now on a provisional basis. Once his bowels are clear, we have to go in for another ultrasound.





5 comments :

KK December 4, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

I'm so sorry. I hope everything gets figured out and he gest better.

rebecca December 4, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

Oh, those pictures break my heart. We're praying for you and sweet Alvin. And for the doctors to figure it out!

Celia December 4, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

I'm so sorry.. I'm praying for Alvin (and for you guys). Thanks for the update, even if it's not a happy one.

Miss Hope December 5, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

Bless your hearts!!! I'll be praying for Alvin, you, and the doctors. Please let us know how he's doing.

Unknown December 17, 2008 at 1:16 AM  

Your poor little boy. I truely hope he feels better soon and you guys find an answer as soon as possible.