Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bloodwork Results

The bloodwork results finally came back. Thyroid is normal, liver is normal, white cell count is normal. Most everything is normal. Notice I said -most- everything. Alvin's amylase count is abnormally low. What does that mean? That was the test for Cystic Fibrosis. So, as of 4pm this afternoon, Alvin has been provisionally diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. We will be going to Yale-New Haven's Pediatric Specialty Center to have a sweat test done to confirm.

I am numb. We were prepared for bad news. But, no amount of preperation can prepare you for actually hearing a doctor tell you, "I believe your son has Cystic Fibrosis". SLAM. Like a knife right through my heart.

I dont have to heart to post any more right now. It seems that this blog has went from a simple chronological following of his cranial banding, to a chronological epic of his life. I will leave you all with this:

Hug your children. Hug your spouse. Hug your pet. Love them all. Pray for those of us that might lose our loved ones.

2 comments :

AndreaLeigh February 20, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

i am very sorry to hear that, jenn. i don't know much about CF so I am off to google. you are in my thoughts.

Alicia February 23, 2009 at 12:05 PM  

Jenn,

You have an amazing amount of strength. It is so true, to not take your loved ones for granted, because there are so many uncertainties in this world, and each moment we have is treasure.