Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Even harder decisions

Back in 2008, I wrote about post about some hard decisions I was having to make. Now, it's 2010, and I find myself in this position yet again. Only, instead of it being a friend, it's a relative. That makes it doubley as hard. However, I will persevere as I always do.

This decision has not come lightly. It has been several years in the making. I have been disappointed more times than I care to relive, all because of this single person. No longer. I am taking a stand as a momma and as a human.

So, to my relative:

"I am finished with you. I meant what I said in that email. I have lived for the last several years without you, and I will continue to do so. You have not even tried to be the person you should be. Several times you have done this to me. No more. You will not hurt me any longer. You will never hurt my children again. Your life is yours. My life is mine. Stay out of my life, I will remain out of yours.

I have three wonderful children you will never get to know because that is the path you have chosen. You think what you want. Live your life and I will live mine. Do not attempt to contact us in any form. You are no longer welcome in our lives. All you do is drag us down with your empty words.

Have a wonderful life. I hope it's everything you want it to be."

So, internets, my thought for today. Do what you say, say what you mean. In the end, it doesnt matter what the action/words are. Stand up for what you really need and really want. Lies and deceit will not get you anywhere.

1 comments :

Anonymous January 31, 2010 at 4:25 AM  

OH MY, such pain for you all! as a councellor my first thought is for this person who is causing you all so much pain! usually behaviour that is destructive to any relationship means there is some emotional 'pay off' for the person who exhibits this behaviour! there will be deep underlying reasons why this person is causing you so much pain, trying to put aside the pain they have caused you and then exploring the underlying reasons why might be a good idea? my thoughts are with you all! Grahame.