Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Long Road Ahead

I know I normally post update on Alvin on his blog. I'm not this time, well, because it's not an 'update'. It's more of an 'OMG I have to do what?". I have to keep him up late tonight, then get him up early tomorrow. Then I have to keep that precious little man from taking a nap until I get him 1.5 hours away to Akron Children's Hospital. He is having an EEG done tomorrow and he -has- to fall asleep during their alloted time. If he doesnt, we have to reschedule. THEN! I am not allowed to feed him anything solid after 8pm tomorrow night. Why? Because they are going to be sedating him on Thursday so that he can undergo an MRI of his brain/face/orbits looking for gliomas (tumors).

Ya'll. I am stressed. Beyond stressed. I have to do this ALONE. Eric was able to take leave last week, but it would have been impossible to take leave for this. I hate this geobach. I hate that the children and I have to live so damned far from Eric. I hate that he cant be here for his son through all of this. I hate that he cant be here for me through all of this. I swear that I am starting to come apart at the seams.

So, if you all could keep your thoughts on both me and Alvin over the next few days, I'd sure be grateful.

3 comments :

KK March 30, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

My thoughts are with you, I can't imagine what you are going through. Good luck to yuo and the little one!

Mike March 31, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Hello,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

Ernie April 13, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Hang in there!
I am sure you have the courage to endure adn triumph!!