Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Miss Hope, I blogged!

Ok, so I went on a little hiatus. In all actuality, I've been doing stuff around the house; just nothing I thought was blog worthy. Now that spring is attempting to come, I will have more house projects to share with everyone!

Anyway, let's get to the little projects/bought items I actually have gotten to lately. I -love- me some spray paint. Spray primer and spray paint can make anything old and ugly into new and beautiful again. Take this old metal chair that our renters left. It was UGLY. Rust stained and off white. (Sorry, no before pics. I forgot to take them). After two coats of spray primer and three coats of Pumpkin Orange spray paint, we have:

You'll don't have to like it, but I sure do. Now we get on to the things I've been buying. I have been wanting some new seating for on the deck. I already have a table/chair set, so that was out. So, what do I spy on my latest trip to Home Depot? (I spent way too much time there.) These awesome light blue plastic adirondack chairs. I snagged me two of them.

Well, now that I have nifty new seating, I looked around and noticed the decrepid(sp) old light fixtures on my back porch. Well....that's nothing another trip to Home Depot couldnt fix! So, armed with my (finally loaded) Child Support card, I went and bought all new exterior light fixtures. I love them! Dont you?
Then, because I was on a roll, and that card was screaming "Buy stuff!" I ordered myself a hammock. With a stand, because wouldnt you know, I dont have two trees anywhere near close enough to hang a hammock from.
So, keep an eye out on the blog. I am going to attempt to keep it more updated as I do more things around the house. I cant wait til May so I can plant flowers!





2 comments :

KK March 17, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

I love the first chair! So neat (cute didn't feel right when I was typing this)

Alicia March 24, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

I love the coach lights! They truly add an element of charm to the outdoor space. Good luck on the patio decor! I still have to work on ours!