Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Genetic Test Results

So..I just got off the phone with the geneticist at Boston Childrens. It's affirmative. Alvin DOES have Neurofibromatosis Type I. *big sigh of relief*

Ya'll it's been 2 1/2 years of ups and downs. We think this and we think that. Now we KNOW! There can be no supposition. (No more anonymous assholes being jackasses cause they're bored.) We still have to wait until Alvin hits puberty to find out how bad this NF is going to get, but now we know what to look out for. Now getting him the scans/test etc every year wont be a fight. Why? Because he has a medical condition that requires them.

So what happens now? Well, not much different than what has been really. Once the pedi here on base gets the paperwork from Boston, we'll enroll Alvin in the EFM program. I have no clue what catergory he's going to be labeled and no clue how the EFM program works, but I'll soon find out! I'll post the doctor's notes/more information once we get it in the mail. I just couldnt wait to let everyone know!

0 comments :