Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sorry for the lapse...

But on February 16th, Eric had to rush me to the ER, where I was admitted with acute cholecystitis. When they performed the abdominal ultrasound, they found that my gallbladder was completely impacted with gallstones. This necessitated an emergency cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder). So, I went into the OR around 8pm that night. Unfortunately, I had some complications which necessitated a SECOND emergency surgery the next morning at 7am. Because of this, my recovery time went from a few days to more realistically a few weeks. :( I wasnt released until mid afternoon on Sunday. Thankfully, the Navy is being wonderful and allowed Eric to take emergency leave to help me out at home, since I'm pretty much useless for a few weeks.

Also, a special shout out to two really awesome people for helping Eric and I with the kids while all this was going on. Jackie and Angie, LOVE you guys. Thanks so much! You can read all about Jackie's time with the kids in her own blog post: Emergenices and Extra Children. It has photos and a video.

1 comments :

Stickman February 26, 2011 at 8:31 PM  

this is one of the best blogs ever.