Tuesday, November 15, 2011

2onTuesday: Pet Peeves

2 on Tuesday
So today, Andrea asked:

What are your pet peeves?

Wow.... Where do I begin?


People who check out with a buggy full of catfood cans and think that because it's all the same type, that it's ok to make the cashier scan their 120 cans of cat food in the 20 items or less lane. Seriously, you aren't a super special snowflake.


Dressing animals up in costumes. I hate, hate, hate it. Seriously, your Rotti doesn't need to be dressed up like a ballerina. A chihuahua wearing a sweater in the winter, ok fine. But most of the time, I just think it's unbelievably silly and it drives me nuts. Especially when I take Charley somewhere and people try to force me to put said silly outfit on him. Look, I'm not telling you to take the costume off your dog, quit telling me to put one on mine. But, hey, it's your money. You want to spend it on some biker jacket for your Daschaund, go for it.


The fact that the little girls clothing section mostly looks like a stripper store. Why on Earth do 5-10 year old girls need miniskirts, thigh-high boots, and fishnet stockings? No, I am not talking about during Halloween either. Do you know how hard it is to find age appropriate clothing for young girls???? Leave them alone. They are little girls who don't need screwed up body images at the age of 5.


When waiters lie to me: "Yes mam, that's the fat free dressing", only to find out a few bites in that it totally isn't. Yes, I can tell. After being on a limited fat diet for 8 months, I can tell when I'm being given the full fat version of things. It's not pretty either. Ruins my whole night and it's why I'm terrified of eating out.


The improper use of words like: their, there, and they're or to, too, and two. It's English people learn the difference. It's really not that hard. Oh, and while on this tangent, it's before. B-E-F-O-R-E, not B4. There is no reason to use 'textspeak' anywhere other than texts to people you know. Oh, and quit adding random z's to things. Grr. No wonder other countries think we're a bunch of morons.


My biggest pet peeve of all though has to be the slang usage of the word 'retard'. There is no appropriate time it should ever be used to describe a person, event, etc. I hate that it's been turned into what it has and it pisses me off when people use it the way modern society uses it.


I have many other pet peeves, but if I don't stop now, you'll be reading for the next 5 days. 

6 comments :

Amy November 15, 2011 at 10:29 AM  

wow what a nice list..

I have a little four year old and would never dress her that way.. No way not even when she is a Teen..

the animal dress up is funny.. I have put a sweater on my dog before.. Oops..

Have a great day..

TheHouse November 15, 2011 at 12:27 PM  

I'm an English teacher so the use of their/they're/there drives me crazy, too.

But where I really related to you was stripper clothing for 5 year olds. It's ridiculous...and I can't imagine why they're being exposed to things like the dolls from Monster High that also look like prostitutes. UGH!

Stopping by from Two on Tuesday.

Cole November 15, 2011 at 4:57 PM  

I'm amazed at the clothes I see for little girls these days...and not in a good way! What designer seriously thinks booty shorts, high heeled shoes or low cut shirts are meant to be worn by kids?!

Sheena November 15, 2011 at 5:46 PM  

Stopping by from 2 on Tuesday.

Totally feeling you on the 5 year old stripper section. I don't get it!

Unknown November 15, 2011 at 6:33 PM  

I pretty much agree with every single thing on this list! Haha...loove it

AndreaLeigh November 22, 2011 at 11:33 AM  

Don't even get me started on the word retard. It's a medical diagnosis, not an insult. Pisses me off.

I don't dress up my chis anymore, but I used to!