Monday, August 18, 2008

*cry*

Wow, I am a posting fool today. I cant help it. I was getting ready for bed and just had to check my email. Anyone with a loved one in the military knows that overwhelming urge to check it a million times a day. So, there was one there. General boring stuff for the most part. How his work day went, how he hasnt slept in two days, etc etc. Then we get to this part:

"i looked at the pictures on my palm today, it!was nice to see you, i need to update that with new photo's. i'm glad i brought the dvd of the family. i love it.i miss you so much it hurts. i love you."

SLAM...like a knife through the heart. I couldnt help it. I found myself, and still find myself, sitting here bawling. I havent cried since the third day after he left and yet, here I am. Crying my eyes out. Why? Because he feels the same way I do.

*cry*

2 comments :

Red Sonja August 19, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Oh, I completely understand the 3 am checking of the email, just in case one came through! And don't feel bad about crying, we all do it at different times throughout the patrols. It's not the times you cry that you have to worry about, it's when you can read an email like that and NOT feel the emotion and cry that it is time to worry. (Hope that makes sense!)

Joe and Samantha August 25, 2008 at 1:57 PM  

I check my email so much in the middle of the night- it's crazy.