Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the things they do....

Ok, day started out wonderful. I got to sleep in! til 7am! woo hoo! After going to bed at 7pm, I really thought that Alvin would wake up early. Luckily, he slept until 7am. It was wonderful. So, i get up, feed and change him, put him in his little Jumperoo for some amazing play time and check my email. Yay! Email from Eric! He talks about his day, major boring stuff, but still, I like being included in how his days go. Then we get to this line:

"that hug sounds really good right about now, i have beeen trying to hug different guys to try to find one that hugs like you but so far no dice."

Really? That is sooo freaking funny. I can picture him doing this as well. Just hoping it doesnt freak anyone out. That was the start to my day, laughing my ass off at my husband's antics.

Then we move on to this afternoon. Apparently, the girls left the side door open and our cats got out. *sigh* After a short trip to the grocery store, both were lured back home with the appetizing scent of gourmet wet cat food. *yuck* At least they are home though.

I decided to ~not~ make the spaghetti for the meeting tonight. I am however making Spaghetti Pie. It is soo easy to make too.

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb. ground beef
1 cup chunky salsa
1 cup garden variety spaghetti sauce
3 cups hot cooked spaghetti
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp. margarine OR butter, melted
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

DIRECTIONS:

COOK beef in skillet until browned. Pour off fat. Stir in salsa and pasta sauce. Heat through.

MIX spaghetti, Parmesan cheese, egg and margarine. Spread on bottom and up side of greased 10" pie plate. Spread ricotta cheese in spaghetti shell. Top with beef mixture.

BAKE at 350°F. for 30 min. or until hot. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Let stand 5 min. before serving. Cut into wedges.

I normally double this and put it into an 8x8 casserole dish. Yummy! My mom came up with this when I was kid and I just LOVE it.

0 comments :