Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where did the time go?

So, it has officially been two years since DH and I went on our first date. So, let's take a trip in the time machine, shall we?

January 20, 2007- I am supposed to meet Eric at the gas station near my house so that we can go out. We hadnt seen each other since we graduated high school 9 years prior. So, all I know is that he is supposed to be picking me up in a big black truck. I see a little Ford Ranger come down the hill and start to panic. Is that really what he considers a big black truck? Ugh. But, the little Ranger passes the gas station on by. (We were meeting at the gas station cause it was too hard to explain how to find my driveway). Then I see this big huge Dodge Ram coming down the hill. (btw, the truck was a big deal cause my dream vehicle is a Dodge Ram 3500 dualie). I see it pull in the gas station and I walk out to it. Eric gets out and comes and opens my door for me. Heart flutter right there. Let me tell you.

So, we drive up to Olive Garden rambling on the whole way. (This was a good 30+ min drive). We get to Olive Garden and of course, there is a wait. So, we stand in line and ramble on more. What I did since high school, what he has done, etc. He sees his cousin and introduces me. We all chat for a while. Then Eric leans in and kiss me on the cheek. He tells me that he has been wanting to do that ever since we were in high school together. He just never had the guts to ask me out then. *melt* So, we get seated and order our food and talk about old times, and his career in the Navy, my kids, all that fun stuff.

The meal ends, but, its only 7 o'clock, so we head over to the recruiting station so he can show me all of his travel pictures. We sat in the recruiting office looking at pictures for probably two hours. Then decide, well, I have the babysitter for the full night, might as well watch a movie. We couldnt find anything we like at the theatre, so we went to Eric's and watched a movie there. I got to meet his roommates at the time. (Who I went to school with too.)

We have been together ever since. I know, its not an earth shattering first date. But, for two people that knew each other as long as we have, it was a big step. I fell in love with him that night, and I will love him until the day I die.

So, here is to two wonderful years together, Eric. I love you more than I ever knew I could. I miss you so much it hurts, but I know you are thinking of me out there under the ocean.


PS...as I was writing this, I got an email. You dont get it all. But, here is part of it:

" well you made two years with [me] by the time you get this. i wish i could take you to Olive garden and so you of my old pictures and the go watch a movie at my place! i can't believe it has been two years all ready it went by so fast, but so much stuff has happened to us and between us. i just can't believe it. it has been the happiest two years of my life. Can't wait for tons more!! i love you so much.

2 comments :

Joe and Samantha January 21, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

don't you just love those emails!!!!

Miss Hope January 21, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

This is just too sweet! I, for one, enjoyed reading about it! Congratulations and wishes for many many more year!