Monday, February 9, 2009

Yes, I am alive

I have just been insanely busy. My birthday, Alvin's birthday, packing up the house, moving stuff down to the new house, doctor's appointment etc.

But, I do want to focus on something. It has officially been 1 year since the day I almost died. Since the day the doctor told the nurses to call my husband and a priest because it was doubtful I was going to make it.

One year ago, I had a 4 day old baby and a frightening infection called endometritis. Basically, my uterus had become one giant pus sack. I had a temp of 101 when Eric brought me to the emergency room, and a temp of 105 by 5 am. I was put on ice and had cooling blankets placed on my body. I wouldnt say I was consious for any of this, because I dont remember any of it besides hearing the doctor come in the room and tell the nurse that it was doubtful I was going to last much longer. I will tell you, I was scared. I couldnt open my eyes, I couldnt move. It was like I was in a coma, but I could hear bits and pieces of what was going on around me. I really dont remember much from that weekend, and I really dont remember much from the week prior to it. (I have no recollection of Alvin's birth).

To this day my short term memory is shoddy at best and I will likely never regain most of it. Guess that is the price you pay for surving a 106+ degree fever for several days

So, on this anniversary of my life, I sit here and ponder just how wonderful life is. No, my life isnt roses and rainbows. But, I am so glad that I am at least here on this earth.

1 comments :

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

you are brave woman. you have now one gift from God and that is the knowing of value of life. Packing and moving is a overwhelming job. I have moved many times and i know very well the difficulties which can comes during moves you can find soem good packing tips here Box . have an healthy life