Sunday, May 23, 2010

Boom! CRASH! Lightning flash....

and now I have no water. I think the thunderstorms yesterday fried our well pump. We (the kids and I) saw a strike of lightning hit a tree across the street, then we lost power. Shortly thereafter, I started losing water pressure. I just figured I needed to change the house filter again and didnt give it a second thought. Then, at 10pm, the girls tried to get a drink of water and nada. We didnt have water. So, I get to wait til tomorrow morning and call the well drilling people to come have a look at the well, and get to make a call into our homeowner's insurance to see if this sort of thing is covered.

3 comments :

KK May 23, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Wow. That's nuts! I hope it's a quick fix and you aren't without running water for long!

KiwiChops May 23, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

wow...not good...hope it gets fixed SOON
scary anyway. or not? How did the kids respond to the lightning that close?

Jenn Rice May 23, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

The kids freaked out, well the girls did. Both of them started shrieking. Alvin just went "Cool, cool, cool!"

I am hoping that the well drilling company can actually come out AND fix the well tomorrow. Living off of bottled water SUCKS!