Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Curtains, children and a closet.

Yeah, stupid title, but that's what this post is about. Today was a domestic day for me. Eric and I converted a coat closet into a pantry. Going from a kitchen with over 30 cupboards to one with 15 leaves a lot to be desired. Especially when the old kitchen had a HUGE pantry. It was a converted laundry closet, so you can imagine the size of it. So, we converted the closet so that we'd have storage space for food, since my Fiestaware fills every cupboard in the kitchen. Please, dont judge what's IN our pantry. Not everyone is a health nut and I love to bake. :)


So if you look to the top of the picture, you can see the original metal shelf that was the coat closet part. We added the black shelves. It was fairly simple. We got some 5/8 inch plywood, some 2x3's for bracing and some faux leather Contact Paper to cover the shelves with. Now we have a LOT of storage space for food.

The second project I did today was convert a fabric shower curtain into regular curtains for the living room. Our living room window is oddly sized and I couldnt find curtains to fit. Not only that, I didnt find any I liked enough to hem. So we bought a fabric shower curtain in a pattern we liked and I made the curtains from that. What do you think?



I think they turned out pretty well, but I'm biased cause I made them. The final thing I'm gonna leave you with are pics of the girls (and Eric) playing in the snow.



2 comments :

KK December 29, 2010 at 12:10 AM  

I LOVE the curtain! What a perfect idea! and you would never guess that that's what it is!

Mrs. B March 8, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

I have that shower curtain!! Love your pics!