Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse

So, last night was a total lunar eclipse. What makes it so special was that it fell on the same day as Winter Solstice. That hasnt happened since 1638. 372 years people! I was all excited to watch it with the girls and get to share something special with them. However, that was not to be. Clouds rolled in and visibility went down. I tried my hardest though, driving down to Eastern Point Beach to see if we could see it over the ocean. Nada. So back home we went, disappointment clearly written on everyone's faces. Luckily, a Facebook friend of mine was able to see it and posted a few photos of it. Thanks so much Roni for posting pics for those of us that were unable to see it!

Photo taken by Roni Taylor

Photo taken by Roni Taylor
I also found this cool video of last night's eclipse. Between the photos Roni posted and this video, the girls and I were able to share watching/seeing the eclipse. Not as perfect as in person, but good enough for me.



Photobucket

1 comments :

Roni December 21, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

You are welcome! That video was awesome!! I didnt get up to see the begining so it was cool to see that it went totally black for a second before turning red! Thanks for sharing!